The mission of Dinner Party Atelier is to serve as a resource, test kitchen, and inspiration to those who are seeking to master the art of throwing a dinner party, and throw them often. Dinner Party Atelier is a workshop in this social, edible art form that will take the guesswork out of menu planning and help you become comfortable entertaining at home with ease, grace, and confidence. This atelier exists to equip readers with:
- full menu plans using in-season ingredients
- perfect wine or cocktail pairings to complement the meal
- tricks for planning ahead, minimizing last-minute preparation (but also how to make the most of last-minute prep)
- methods to overcome any barriers, from fear of cooking to preparing your living space for entertaining
- an understanding of the benefits of hosting regular dinner parties (and there are many, including some that may surprise…)
It’s time to revive the art of the Dinner Party. We do hope you will join us on this journey.
Welcome to Dinner Party Atelier! I’m Emily, and I absolutely love cooking and entertaining. My husband, Brad, is Chief Taste Tester as well as a fantastic and essential co-host to our parties. I decided to create this site for two reasons:
- While I loved planning dinner parties and putting together menus, I spent too much time across Pinterest and the rest of the internet trying to find great recipes that complemented each other. Once I found a main dish I wanted to try, I then had to repeat the internet recipe-searching process for every other item that would be served with that main dish – side #1, side #2, dessert, what type of bread to have on the table, appetizer… Sometimes I would find a great side dish but wasn’t confident that it would pair well with the others, so I’d start over. It was exhausting and I would lose momentum and enthusiasm in my party planning. This site is my library of complete, thoughtfully curated menus so anyone who wants to stop by here can save time and refer back to a variety of menus that I know will work. It is as much for my own party planning sanity and organization as it is for my readers.
- I wanted to create a virtual atelier, a culinary arts workshop to experiment with wine pairings and learn why one particular dish pairs with one wine better than another, or test a new recipe or cooking technique. Dinner Party Atelier is an evolving studio to hone our skills in every aspect of a dinner party: flower arrangements, tablescapes, cocktails, etiquette, and beyond the dinner table to invitations and preparing the home or space for the party. There is so much to learn in the three worlds of food, wine, and entertaining. As we work towards mastering a balance of these three, we will master the art of the dinner party.
Dinner Party Atelier would love to hear from you. Please leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments below or elsewhere throughout the sight. Every comment will be read.
- What is currently holding you back from entertaining at home?
- What type of dinner menu would you like to see on Dinner Party Atelier?
- Send in a recipe, and we’ll build a full menu around it
- What do you wish you had more information about regarding cooking or entertaining?
- What do you wish this site had that would provide more value to you?
This is our workshop – our atelier. Your comments and questions are essential in shaping the site into a resource that provides immense value to its audience. Thank you.